Hello again :D
I'm back guys ;)
I just realized that the last time I posted something on this blog was on Nov 2011. It's definitely time to wipe all these dusts and start writing again... not that I'm expecting anybody to follow anyway hehe. I've never imagined myself writing for an audience though I sometimes wish I will one day. A pen can be the sharpest sword they say and as for now I can't stand the pressure of hurting people unintentionally by my words. I see my blog as an open (not over-all public) diary; this is the record of bits of myself and my thoughts that I don't really mind people who has the effort to know and share. I really am an open book only if you're willing to take a look but I am never going to around advertising it.
Coincidentally today is Easter day! Yesterday I was walking at Newbury St to do a bit of shopping and I spotted a van with a banner saying that "There are no sayings in the Bible for Christians to celebrate Easter Day.. YOU ARE ALL GOING TO HELL!" I laughed so hard at the "you are all going to hell" part! Not that I am an expert to say what is true and not especially about a religion that is not my own - I laughed because I was pleasantly surprised on the similarities of conflicts of truth that exist in Islam too.Our Hari Raya is not entirely Islamic nowadays, no? Ang pow, ritual fireworks...? I can definitely imagine someone I know saying "you are going to hell!!!!" about our practices that is supposedly to be Islamic but maybe not. Like I've once said, every religious celebrations are now extremely commercialized that it is losing it's prior sacred purpose. I know that Easter Day is a day dedicated for the remembrance of the resurrection of Jesus Christ after he was crucified. I understand completely why we are not to celebrate it, if we do it'll be agreeing that he is crucified and that defeats our beliefs as Muslim definitely. I'm having troubles relating it to Bunnies though.. but I'll search on that later haha. I know eggs symbolizes rebirth and hey, I as a Muslim am happy that Jesus is still well alive! My point is, their beliefs may be completely different from ours but macroscopically aren't we all just the same? All of us are deviated from the still-being-debated truth.
So till then, just be good, respect others' faith and beliefs, be joyful for them and for yourself and again, respect.
What's the harm of painting an easter egg and sharing easter chocolates anyway? I think it sounds more of a celebration to Spring!
PS; Did I mention Easter Chocolates are so addictive?
Comments
Post a Comment