Kerberos!

I've missed out plenty of stories to update here.. I was planning to talk about my Umrah trip, but I skipped straight to the day Emir left for Michigan. I planned to write about my experience of traveling solo for 36 hours to the USA but I don't really feel like it cause it doesn't matter. I'm already here! And Alhamdulillah everything went well so I've nothing really to complain about. :) I've been here for a week and a half and though I still feel lost, I am definitely more oriented than I was before.

9/6/2011 marks the first day of my class after almost one whole year leave from college. I'm in denial that I was nervous hehe because I can't find any concrete reason why I should be! Everybody are so welcoming and I've been waiting for this day for months. I'll just stick to what a good friend/customer I had said : Anxiety is just excitement in disguise. I was excited for sure! I slept early at 10 the night before and woke up at 6 for a 9.30 class.

The classes definitely did not disappoint me. I'll be taking French, The Ancient World, The Evolution of Physical Universe and Earth and Introduction to International Relations. It's so funny to note that 5 years ago I wouldn't even think about learning all these sort of things! I hated History, and now I love it. I really hope that  it'll be a long term relationship though.. well at least until I graduate hehe.

I'm quite good at pretending that I'm okay. My brother's friend praises me for being so calm here despite being in a place so new and facing it alone. Haha she had no idea what's on my mind and how nervous I am whenever I talk because I'm scared that they don't understand the way I speak English. Though I have no bad experience so far.. I still feel guarded. Well I guess it is a good thing in a way right?  Another thing that I should do is to start counting my blessings rather than thinking what I don't have. I have so many things to be grateful about and therefore I shouldn't take this opportunity for granted.


And to summarize my entire hopes for the next years to come, here is a poem I found in one of my syllabus:

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

-TS Eliot, "Little Gidding"

See you soon! :)

Comments

Popular Posts