Celebrate love la today.
So Valentine's day is here!
I know, there's too many dispute of whether or not kita boleh celebrate ke takkk tp whatever la, it's up to you nak ke tak, tp jangan la condemn others for doing so. Lee had said something on her fb wall about celebrating Valentine's day and I would very like to summarize everything here. Tanak la buat kat fb sebab some people emo semacam je. Sometimes i just dont understand the craze of fighting about this day. The main idea is just to celebrate and spread the love right? It does not necessarily have to be intimate. Tak semestinya bila bercinta kena bersex. To make my opinion parallel to what most of others believe, kalau dah belum berkahwin, jgn la buat sex premaritally. Wait for the right time, that special moment, when everything else is settled and done and prepared. Baru la cinta sejati. Tak logik ke?
And Vday is not just about celebrating love with your significant other, it's about celebrating love to your friends and yourself. How many times do you say I love you to your friends? Appreciating them that they have been there through ups and downs, tears and joy, happiness and mourn. Bila lagi can you make other people that you care feel more special than ever with the gifts sume? Yes mmg la mahal sikit today but heloo they don't have those kind of bears and chocolates and roses on any other normal days kan. And why not you celebrate yourself! I want to get some chocolates for myself too, tomorrow maybe because possibly it's cheaper.
Just fikir la, kalau tak suka, jgn buat. Tapi jangan benci orang yg buat. Jangan benci perkara lain yg baik orang tu buat jugak.
I don't know why but i feel extremely annoyed with all the opposing notions on the the fb statuses. K fine, besok maulidur rasul. Kte jemput la nak celebrate sama2. Why nak perli2 and worsening things by making it uncomfortable? It is not nice la. I'm actually at the verge of deactivating my fb sbb irritating sgt. Padahal takde pape pun. Tapi annoying sumpah. Why all the hatezzzz laaaaa koranggg zzzzz.
And we've all heard that celebrating Valentine's Day is haram because of the St. Valentine's history. If we celebrate it, we're like the Christians. That's why we can't celebrate Christmas, supposedly Jesus or Nabi Isa's birthday. That's why we can't shop on Easter's anddd Boxing day, where everything is so much cheaper, because it is supposedly for a Christian's celebration. We can't eat turkey and chicken roast despite it is halal too, and the desserts! because the christians have them for dinner on their party.
And just a btw, not all who celebrate Valentines are Christians. Not all white people are christians! I don't know why but I really have the urge to say that. In fact, most of them celebrate it just for the commercial purposes anyway, and just to celebrate love. They don't give a damn of what had happened, regrettably in a way. We have so many things to learn from each other, I really don't understand why all the condemning.
This is just my two pence. I don't want to cari pasal, i don't want people to follow me and agree in fact. I just want people to think for abit. I never did celebrate Valentine myself too despite the fact that I've been in a relationship in the past 3 Valentine's day. Eh I did last year, me and Emir, we went out 3 days after Valentine's because we don't like the traffic and couples berpusu-pusu. But no, we didn't go for a romantic candle light dinner, buy each other teddy bears and have sex -.- Instead we went out to watch a movie, grab something to eat and had a laugh and fun with each other. We dressed to the occasion to and wore matching blacks just to be a bit cheesy lol. We don't have to think of this as the day St. Valentine is martyred if its very sensitive for some people, think of it as a day to celebrate love. A special day. Why not?
And there's a nice song I've been dying to learn so that I can play it to Emir one day. Just because I sayang him too much like that. Tapi macam mimpi tak kesampaian je. But this song is not just dedicated to Emir, but to all of those who has been with me. To all the Taylor's people who had been helping me alot with my studies and applications (I'm eternally grateful) and for the wonderful experience you gave me while habitating SS15, i love you! And even to all the non-Taylor's people who has been there and keeping me grounded, you know who you guys are and i love you! Especially the past few months where everything had been too difficult and thanks to you guys I'm making it through.
I know, there's too many dispute of whether or not kita boleh celebrate ke takkk tp whatever la, it's up to you nak ke tak, tp jangan la condemn others for doing so. Lee had said something on her fb wall about celebrating Valentine's day and I would very like to summarize everything here. Tanak la buat kat fb sebab some people emo semacam je. Sometimes i just dont understand the craze of fighting about this day. The main idea is just to celebrate and spread the love right? It does not necessarily have to be intimate. Tak semestinya bila bercinta kena bersex. To make my opinion parallel to what most of others believe, kalau dah belum berkahwin, jgn la buat sex premaritally. Wait for the right time, that special moment, when everything else is settled and done and prepared. Baru la cinta sejati. Tak logik ke?
And Vday is not just about celebrating love with your significant other, it's about celebrating love to your friends and yourself. How many times do you say I love you to your friends? Appreciating them that they have been there through ups and downs, tears and joy, happiness and mourn. Bila lagi can you make other people that you care feel more special than ever with the gifts sume? Yes mmg la mahal sikit today but heloo they don't have those kind of bears and chocolates and roses on any other normal days kan. And why not you celebrate yourself! I want to get some chocolates for myself too, tomorrow maybe because possibly it's cheaper.
Just fikir la, kalau tak suka, jgn buat. Tapi jangan benci orang yg buat. Jangan benci perkara lain yg baik orang tu buat jugak.
I don't know why but i feel extremely annoyed with all the opposing notions on the the fb statuses. K fine, besok maulidur rasul. Kte jemput la nak celebrate sama2. Why nak perli2 and worsening things by making it uncomfortable? It is not nice la. I'm actually at the verge of deactivating my fb sbb irritating sgt. Padahal takde pape pun. Tapi annoying sumpah. Why all the hatezzzz laaaaa koranggg zzzzz.
And we've all heard that celebrating Valentine's Day is haram because of the St. Valentine's history. If we celebrate it, we're like the Christians. That's why we can't celebrate Christmas, supposedly Jesus or Nabi Isa's birthday. That's why we can't shop on Easter's anddd Boxing day, where everything is so much cheaper, because it is supposedly for a Christian's celebration. We can't eat turkey and chicken roast despite it is halal too, and the desserts! because the christians have them for dinner on their party.
-.-
Can't you see? We are all so integrated and intertwined with each other it's impossible to tell difference dah pun. It is just up to you to maintain your own faith, beliefs, and integrity and please, respect others if they have different views. Jangan la emo.And just a btw, not all who celebrate Valentines are Christians. Not all white people are christians! I don't know why but I really have the urge to say that. In fact, most of them celebrate it just for the commercial purposes anyway, and just to celebrate love. They don't give a damn of what had happened, regrettably in a way. We have so many things to learn from each other, I really don't understand why all the condemning.
This is just my two pence. I don't want to cari pasal, i don't want people to follow me and agree in fact. I just want people to think for abit. I never did celebrate Valentine myself too despite the fact that I've been in a relationship in the past 3 Valentine's day. Eh I did last year, me and Emir, we went out 3 days after Valentine's because we don't like the traffic and couples berpusu-pusu. But no, we didn't go for a romantic candle light dinner, buy each other teddy bears and have sex -.- Instead we went out to watch a movie, grab something to eat and had a laugh and fun with each other. We dressed to the occasion to and wore matching blacks just to be a bit cheesy lol. We don't have to think of this as the day St. Valentine is martyred if its very sensitive for some people, think of it as a day to celebrate love. A special day. Why not?
And there's a nice song I've been dying to learn so that I can play it to Emir one day. Just because I sayang him too much like that. Tapi macam mimpi tak kesampaian je. But this song is not just dedicated to Emir, but to all of those who has been with me. To all the Taylor's people who had been helping me alot with my studies and applications (I'm eternally grateful) and for the wonderful experience you gave me while habitating SS15, i love you! And even to all the non-Taylor's people who has been there and keeping me grounded, you know who you guys are and i love you! Especially the past few months where everything had been too difficult and thanks to you guys I'm making it through.
Lots of love,
Athirah <3
Comments
Post a Comment