Why I need to get a scholarship.
I love sitting at the terrace outside at night. I feel at peace, maybe because it's so quiet and chilly. The smell of jasmine blossoming nearby made everything more serene. That's why every time I'm at home you'll find me doing my homeworks (and more or less dreaming) there, regardless of the time actually.
So when i was happily doing my business last night while munching on my mangga colek that i've been wanting to eat for months, Papa came and joined me. Papa and i always have this awkward situation where we don't know what to say to each other. So i tried to make a safe conversation;
T : So how do you feel with Azam going to Dundee?
Pa : I'm okay actually. It's a very nice place! Dekat dengan laut. And don't tell Azam this but i'm so happy whenever he did anything no matter how tiny it is, like today how he ...........
I didn't expect his response to be that long but it was nice :)
T : What about the cost? It is definitely cheaper than going to central London right?
Pa : The tution fees cost almost the same.. But maybe the cost of living will pull the budget down a bit, maybe around 20% or so.
Cakap pasal duit je semua tense haha.
T : I'm thinking of trying to apply to UK too, you know as a back up plan.
Pa : You should! Which univ are you eyeing on?
T : ermmm Oxford Brookes and Goldsmith
Pa : Goldsmith tu dekat mane tu? Is that even a university?
The exact same response when i told Ariff about that.
Pa : You should apply to all the top univs and try to ask for scholarships.
T : Tu la.. I've been thinking about that too, you know to ease the burden a bit.
Pa : And if you get a scholarship, instead of spending money on you we can get another luxury car!
-_______________-''
Yeah....
My only problem now is where on earth am i going to find a scholarship to pursue on psychology/anthropology/sociology???
Comments
Post a Comment